About Kapi'olani Medical Specialists
Kapi‘olani Medical Specialists is a specialty physician group committed to providing health care needs for Hawai‘i’s women and children. Kapi‘olani Medical Specialists partners with Kapi’olani Medical Center for Women & Children to provide pediatric and women’s specialty care. The group also partners with the University of Hawai‘i John A. Burns School of Medicine in research, education and training.
Other efforts include patient care at outreach clinics and community health centers throughout Hawai‘i. A significant portion of the care provided at Kapi‘olani Medical Center to those unable to pay for their care is provided by Kapi‘olani Medical Specialists. Kapi‘olani Medical Center for Women & Children is an affiliate of Hawai‘i Pacific Health, the state’s largest health care provider. Learn more at www.kapiolani.org.
As part of Kapi‘olani Medical Center for Women & Children, the mission of Kapi‘olani Medical Specialists is to improve and advocate for the health and well-being of women, children, and adolescents of Hawai‘i and the Pacific Region.
Kapi‘olani Medical Specialists provides world class health care, excellent training for physicians, financial and organizational strength, and is committed to medical research.
- Adult Hospitalists
- Behavioral Health Services
- Palliative Care
- Martha Smith, Chair of the Board
- Ray Vara, President & Chief Executive Officer of Hawai‘i Pcific Health
- Kenneth Nakamura, M.D., Chief Medical Officer
A Nonprofit Hospital:
The Kapi‘olani Health Foundation supports the charitable mission of its nonprofit hospital affiliate, Kapi‘olani Medical Center for Women & Children, by raising funds to provide the people of Hawai‘i and the Pacific Region with specialty medical care, life-saving equipment, community outreach and education, and to further local research. Kapi‘olani Medical Specialists partners with Kapi‘olani Medical Center for Women & Children and is a nonprofit physician specialty group affiliate of Hawai‘i Pacific Health.
Click here for a complete list of physicians
KMS has partnered with Kapi'olani Medical Center for Women & Children to provide pediatric and women's specialty care. It is committed to:
- Providing for the health care needs of Hawai‘i's women and children, recruiting additional specialists as necessary.
- Offering highly specialized care available only at Kapi'olani, and building community support for providing these services within Hawai‘i
- Operating exclusively for charitable, scientific and educational purposes